Sunday, May 11, 2014

Bloom in Color for week two of Anything But a Card Challenges No. 35 with Guest Designer Amy Lynne Lassiter


Good Morning Everyone! It's week two of our current challenge and we are so excited to introduce that we will be inviting a Guest Designer to join us for here at ABAC. Amy Lynne Lassiter is our Guest Designer this month and joining us for our current Color Challenge... you eyes are in for a colorful treat!


The current Challenge... Anything But a Card Challenge #35 - "Color Challenge"!! This time we are giving you a gorgeous color palette for your inspiration. Feel free to use one {and go monochromatic}, two or ALL of these colors to create whatever your muse desires... as long as it's anything but a card!


* * * * * * * * * * * *

Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please mention and LINK BACK to this challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)

**A REMINDER** This Challenge will go through midnight May 24th giving you 2 weeks to play along and ENJOY the creative process! We will share more of our Design Team's creations next Sunday to keep you inspired.

Amy created an amazing art journal
spread for this Color Challenge.

We hope you enjoy getting to know our Guest Designer...
please click on the images to visit her blog –
and give her a warm welcome!


One of my favorite things to be challenged with, is color. It's amazing what a little color can do for your creativity. This challenge was so much fun for me, and I was immediately drawn to the interesting and contrasting palette. I began my art journal page, by using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft paper crafting pencils, in peach and orange, and making circles using a template. I added other circles using Faber-Castell Aquarelles, and painting over them with water. I loved the ethereal watercolor look so much, I used watercolor on the rest of the journal page, adding splashes and drips. I did quite a bit of stamping, and added a photo of my red bud tree in glorious bloom. Since our family is moving, this is the last year I will get to enjoy my beautiful tree, so I wanted to keep that memory. Here are a few close-up looks at my journal page.



Thank you to Susan for having me as guest today
at Anything But A Card Challenges!!
This has been a real treat! <3


I am a wife to my best friend from college, and the mother to three daughters. I live in a tiny town that sits on a lake, on the prairies of Kansas, USA; but our family will soon be moving to Des Moines, Iowa. I am employed both as a church soloist (I am a classically trained soprano), and also a librarian. Other than my amazing family, the thing I eat, sleep, and breathe is mixed media art and craft. I adore creating scrapbook layouts and canvases, tags, and altered projects with an eclectic, free, and soulful vibe.

In the time when I’m not creating, I also enjoy photography, sewing, reading, thrifting, swimming and snorkling. Most days, I also spend at least a little time planning, journaling and dreaming, about relocating to Oahu, Hawaii; my favorite place on earth.

I am currently honored to design for 7 Dots Studio, Viva Las VegaStamps!, UmWowStudio, Scraps of Darkness kits, and Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo. To see more of my work, visit my blog: www.sparklinggnome.com.

***********************

We hope our Guest Designer Amy Lynne Lassiter has INSPIRED you to take some time to be creative!! We can't wait to see your creations and we hope that you will join in and share them with us! Stop back next Sunday to see more of our Design Team creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment